- Honey based Gulkand is treated as an Ayurvedic medicine by Ayurveda science. Ayurveda says rose petals help balance the Pitta Dosha and very useful to treat body odor and excessive perspiration and an excellent cooling agent.
- Along with a rich texture and exquisite taste, it has numerous health benefits, since it’s a good source of anti-oxidants It helps in reducing acidity, removing stomach ulcers, improves appetite and digestive problems. It also helps to prevent menstrual problems like heavy bleeding, irregular periods and menstrual cramps.
- It’s made from sun dried rose petals and forest raw honey. We layout sun dried rose petals and Raw honey one above the other in layer from in a large glass jar which slowly cooked in natural sun light for 45 to 60 days, This preserves the nutrients, strong flavour & aroma of the gulkand.
- This Gulkand is organically made and contains no chemicals, artificial flavours or preservatives. It can be used as a spread, sweets, milkshakes, Paan or as a side dish (instead of jam).
- It is generally advised to consume two teaspoons of Gulkand twice a day with milk or water to keep yourself fit and healthy. You can also use it as a spread for your toasts or rolls.
How is it made?
This exotic Gulkand is handmade by mixing a very particular variety of rose petals with honey called rosa centifolia and rosa damascena. This variety of rose blooms only twice a year which makes this gulkand quite exotic. Our honey rose Gulkand is made by Bonphool women’s cooperative society Gonda forest.
Nutrition and health benefits
Rose petals contain 80-90% water. They also contain healthy fats and calories like polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat. The pigmentation present in rose gulkand provides a flushed look to your skin if consumed regularly. This Gulkand has a lot of therapeutic properties too which includes being mild laxative, anti-inflammatory, cardio-tonic, antioxidant and most importantly acts as a digestive aid.
It helps to cure constipation in kids and pregnant women quite effectively. This gulkand softens the stool and the honey present in it acts as a water drawing content that helps in getting rid of constipation
It is also extremely beneficial during the summer season to prevent one from sunburns and excess heat as it has cooling properties too. It can also be used to cure heatburn, burning sensation in throat, sour mouth or stomach aches
How to consume it?
It is generally advised to consume two teaspoons of gulkand twice a day with milk or water to keep yourself fit and healthy. You can also use it as a spread for your toasts or rolls.
Is it safe for everyone?
Honey rose gulkand is generally considered safe for all individuals. However because of its sugar content it’s advised for individuals with diabetes to avoid it as it can increase your blood sugar level.